Welcome to PSKiss Outdoor Photography Toolkit step-by-step free tutorial
After you installed and opened the panel in Photoshop, you are ready to start working on your outdoor photos.
Working in “Button Mode”
All you need to do once the panel is visible, is to click on buttons. It’s truly that simple.
Each button in the panel launches a filter that allows you to manipulate your photo, quickly and easily. In this tutorial you will learn what each and every filter does.
The work with the panel is progressive – Each filter starts with the results of the previous one. Note that each filter creates a separate layer of it’s own, so the original image stays untouched. This layer has a unique name given by the filter. Please do not change this name, it is used by the very useful Merge All button.
At the bottom of the panel are 4 workflow assistance buttons.
These are explained at the end of this tutorial.
1. Sky Boost
This filter emphasizes sky color and contrast, using a smart mask to to keep all other colors unchanged:
- Use the Boost slider to add contrast to the sky
- Use the Vivid slider to increase saturation of sky color
2. Sky Density
This filter adds depth and detail to the sky:
- Drag the Amount slider to dens the sky…
This filter lets you control brightness and contrast of greens while protecting all other colors:
- Drag the Lightness slider to the right to brighten the greens
- Drag the Lightness slider to the left to darken the greens
- Drag the Contrast slider to the right to increase greens contrast
- Drag the Contrast slider to the left to decrease greens contrast
This filter emphasizes contrast and color combined, giving the image a “punchy” look with “softness” control:
- Use the Level slider to increase the effect
- Use the Softness slider to slightly blur the effect
With this filter you can darken the upper or lower part of the image, brighten the other part and control the gradation between them:
- Drag the Amount slider to set the intensity
- Drag the Spread slider to control the gradation
This filter enhances texture and small details with additional saturation control:
- Drag the Level slider to set the intensity of detail enhancement
- Drag the Reds slider to desaturate Red colors
- Drag the Global slider to desaturate all colors
This filter controls the exposure of the image:
- Drag the slider to the right to brighten the exposure
- Drag the slider to the left to darken the exposure
- Increments are 0.1 EV in each direction
8. Wise Sharp
This filter sharpens the image while protecting shadow and highlight details. Designed to prevent color shifts and halos:
- Drag the Amount slider to set sharpness intensity
- Drag the Radius slider to set edge width
This filter increases or decreases local-contrast:
- Drag the slider to the right to increase local-contrast and deepen details
- Drag the slider to the left to decrease local-contrast and soften the image
About the Free Demo
The Free Demo decreases image size to 640px (wide or tall) before activating the filters. All features are identical to the commercial version.