Unfortunately, Adobe has decided to stop developing their Pixel Bender plug-in which was Pixel Gear’s platform.
This product is discontinued.
We are working on a new retouching product that will replace it.
Install Adobe Pixel Bender Plug-In
In order to work with our filters, you must first install the Adobe Pixel Bender Plug-In.
Please follow these few simple steps:
- Download Pixel Bender Plug-In Ver. 2.2/2.3 for Photoshop CS5/CS5.1. Please note that without this plug in, Pixel Gear filters will not run.
- If you don’t have an Adobe ID, you will be asked to create one. It is free of charge.
- Mac OS X and Windows XP users, follow steps 3-4 of the next section.
- Vista and Windows 7 users, Click Hear for special instructions.
Install PSKiss Pixel Gear Pro – Mac OS X and Windows XP
- After installing Pixel Bender Plug-In, unzip the file PSKiss Pixel Gear Pro.zip:
- Quit Photoshop if it is running.
- Double-click on the file named “PSKiss Pixel Gear Pro.zxp” (Vista and Win7 users, see special note):
- This will launch the Adobe Extensions Manager. Click “Accept”:
- Quit the Extensions Manager and launch Photoshop
Special note for Vista and Windows 7 users:
- Quit Photoshop if it is running
- Extract the .zip file you downloaded from PSKiss Shop
- Click the Start Menu > Programs.
- Locate “Adobe Extension Manager CS5”.
- Right click on it, choose “Run As Administrator” and Approve it.
- In the Extension Manager’s window click “Install”, locate the folder you extracted in step 1:
- Click “Accept” (ignore and approve the validation notice if it pops-up, it is non-relevant to this kind of extension) and the panel is installed.
- Quit the Extensions Manager and launch Photoshop.
How to open PSKiss Pixel Gear Pro Panel in Photoshop
- 3 Pixel Bender filters – Skin Gear Pro, Edge Gear, SH Tone Gear Pro (installed into Pixel Bender Files folder)
- 1 Workflow panel